Swordfish derived its name because of an upper jaw that extends straight out to form a long point or “sword.” Like most fish, swordfish is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which helps lower cholesterol by regulating the levels of low-density lipoproteins in your blood. Swordfish is a Fairway fish-counter favorite. The thick and meaty nature […]
June 10, 2015 | 0 Comments
4 Fairway Market Shrimp Sauces Dip, spread, smear, and marinate with Fairway’s all natural, highest quality sauces. They impart tons of great flavor to everything they touch. So saucy and good. Simply pop the cap, pour the sauce and your palatable dish is served! 1. Cocktail Sauce: Fairway Cocktail Sauce Every fridge needs this cocktail sauce! Sweet […]
June 8, 2015 | 0 Comments
Shrimp is the ultimate summer staple. Sweet, succulent, Fairway Premium Shrimp are the highest quality, plus are certified sustainably-sourced and rated four stars by the Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) guidelines based on environmental and social responsibility, as well as animal welfare, quality and safety. No added chemicals; no soak. Why would we? Just pure shrimp […]
June 5, 2015 | 0 Comments
Happy #FishFriday, people! This weekend, celebrate with a few quick fish recipes and cooking tips from Fairway. Salmon with Fairway Pesto could NOT be easier — just buy fresh, locally-raised salmon from Fairway and our delicious homemade pesto with fresh basil and luscious EVOO, and you’re on your way to a fast meal. Make sole in a […]
January 19, 2015 | 0 Comments
What is Grass-fed Beef? Grass-fed beef from Fairway is a healthy way to enjoy beef. Grass-fed beef means that the cattle were allowed to forage and graze for their own fresh food. The emphasis is on providing the closest thing to a natural diet as possible. Grass is high in key nutrients like Omega-3s and B vitamins, and […]
December 16, 2014 | 0 Comments
The warm and hardy Hanukkah classics, Matzo Ball Soup and Beef Brisket are what make your tradition worth the wait. Really, what is a Hanukkah meal without these two things? Not much. Because you’ve been busy this season, we’ve done the shopping, cooking and research for you, so your matzo balls and brisket will come […]
December 10, 2014 | 0 Comments
50% OFF Our Best Fresh Ground Sirloin – Print Coupon Freshly ground beef, all day every day! Fairway Market is truly Like No Other Market! ALL meat at each Fairway Market is highest quality USDA certified, delivered fresh daily, custom-cut by a professional butcher, and ground fresh every day and all day. And each piece of […]
November 25, 2014 | 0 Comments
Perk up your pork. Help your holiday ham. Transform your home with this aromatic sweet sensation. McIntosh apples and Bartlett pears lend sweetness while Fairway Ground Cinnamon and Nutmeg offer warm spice notes. So easy to make and bursting with natural, juicy flavor. Spiced Apple Pear Sauce Ingredients 3 McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch […]
November 24, 2014 | 0 Comments
Happy Holidays from your Fairway Market! This Thanksgiving, try our Orange Herbed Turkey and two new sides that will have your guests asking for seconds—and for these recipes to cook them next year! Prepare with your fresh, juicy oven-roasted Fairway Turkey, and you’ve got yourself a holiday feast. Try more seasonal recipes on Fairway’s new […]
November 18, 2014 | 0 Comments
1. Rub the outside of the turkey with butter or oil to make the skin crispy. Cut the butter into pats and push them under the skin for crispiest skin and a juicy bird. 2. Does your turkey breast dry out? Try roasting the bird upside down for 2/3rds of the cooking time. The indirect […]
- 3 ways to cook Swordfish: Baked, Broiled, Barbequed July 1, 2015
- Burgers on the Block: Bacon, Cheese & All the Toppings June 30, 2015
- Fairway Market Pre-Made Potato Salad, Egg Salad & Chicken Salad June 29, 2015
- Taco Bar: How to Set Up a Taco Bar & Party June 23, 2015
- Citrus Cooking Tips: Add Flavor with Lemon, Orange, Pineapple June 23, 2015
- Florence: Hooray! Now I don't have to travel from my Wayne h...
- Linda Corsale: well being I shop in fairway all the time and just...
- William Vreeland: I have been to the 74th street store (near my son)...
- Nicholas Raschella Sr.: I would enjoy every little morsel as I am 86years ...
- Ellyn Chan Roberson: I come from a large family...my mom was 1 of 9 chi...
POSTS BY AUTHORS
Fairway's master cheesemonger and resident foodie joined the Fairway family in January 1980...
Read More >>
Carlon Colker, MD
Fairway's Health and Nutrition expert is the Chief Executive Officer and Medical Director of Peak Wellness, Inc.
Read More >>
Lori brings her passion for cooking and entertaining to her role in as Director of Trade and Product Development...
Read More >>