Get more recipes at Fairway Market online.
Standing Rib Roast
Serves 4, Cook Time: 4 1/2 Hours
- 1 (Four Rib) Standing rib roast, 7 to 8 pounds
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pat meat all over with paper towels, then season it all over with salt and pepper.
- Let meat come to room temperature, it will take 2-3 hours depending on initial temperature.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place meat bone-side down in a roasting pan or on a rimmed sheet pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then turn heat to 350 degrees and continue to roast until the meat registers 115 degrees on an instant-read thermometer for rare, 125 for medium-rare (it will continue to cook after you pull it out of the oven).
Pro-tip: Timing depends on your oven, pan, & roast size. Start checking the meat temperature after an hour, but note that it could take 1 1/2 hours or more.
- Let meat rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before carving.