Get more recipes at Fairway Market online.
Simple & Delicious Beef Tenderloin
Serves 4, Cook Time: 80 minutes
- 1 (3-1/2- to 4-pound) center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat your oven to 400°F and place a rack in the center. Meanwhile, pat tenderloin dry with paper towels. Using your hands, rub the tenderloin with the oil, sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and rub until evenly coated; set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat until it starts smoking. Place the beef in the pan and sear, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a 13-by-9-inch baking pan and set aside until the surface of the beef is no longer hot, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, make the butter mixture.
- Place the butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme in a medium bowl and smash with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula until evenly combined. When the beef is fully cooled, evenly rub the butter mixture on the top and sides of the tenderloin.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the beef registers 120°F to 125°F for rare or 125°F to 135°F for medium rare, about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board and tent it loosely with foil. Let it rest at least 20 minutes before slicing.