Happy New Year from Fairway Market! Celebrate in style with Fairway’s premium foods to entertain and satisfy your family and friends. Fairway offers delicious caviar, like Imported Osetra, Siberian Sturgeon, White Sturgeon, as well as our own and chemical-free frozen shrimp for unique, luxurious hors d’oeuvres and appetizers. Try Fairway caviar paired with our fresh baked potato chips, crème fraîche and chopped chives, or with chilled champagne and frozen vodka. For a more filling option, try with potato blinis following the recipe below.
Lemon Blinis with Caviar and Scallion Crème Fraîche
Cook Time: 15 minutes, Serves: 12 blinis
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced scallions, divided
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 ounces caviar, such as Imported Osetra, Siberian Sturgeon, White Sturgeon
- Stir together crème fraîche and 1 tablespoon of the scallions.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over low heat and scrap into a small bowl. Whisk in milk, egg, and 1 teaspoon zest. Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Melt half of remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Drop 6 rounded teaspoons of batter into skillet and cook until tiny bubbles form on the surface, edges appear dry, and undersides are golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter in skillet and make 6 more blinis (you will have a little batter left over).
- To serve, top blinis with a small dollop of scallion crème fraîche and some caviar, then sprinkle with remaining lemon zest and scallion.
Recipe adapted from Gourmet Live.