Celebrate the holidays with a traditional, delicious global dish. Spinach Pie with Goat Cheese, Fairway Raisins and Pine Nuts is both sweet and savory, light and filling! Plus, it makes for a perfect vegetarian option for holiday guests.
Spinach Pie with Goat Cheese, Fairway Raisins and Pine Nuts
Prep Time: 50 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes; Serves: 6-8
- 1/3 cup Fairway Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cups minced onion (about 1 large)
- 5 (9-oz) packages fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Fairway Golden Raisins
- 2 cups (8 oz) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup Fairway Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1/2 tsp Fairway Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fairway Black Pepper
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 3 tbsps Fairway Olive Oil in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add spinach in 5 increments, stirring frequently; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Simmer spinach mixture for 40 minutes or until liquid evaporates. During this time, toast Fairway Pine Nuts in a separate pan.
- Add Fairway Raisins to spinach pot and stir for about a minute. Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in goat cheese and toasted Fairway Pine Nuts. Season with Fairway Salt and Pepper.
- Coat a 13×9–inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1 phyllo sheet in baking dish, lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray; repeat procedure with remaining 7 phyllo sheets. Spread spinach mixture in an even layer onto phyllo stack. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board, lightly brush with 1-½ tsps Fairway Olive Oil. Repeat procedure with the remaining phyllo sheets and Fairway Olive Oil. Place phyllo layer over spinach mixture; tuck in sides to enclose fully. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.