Fairway loves unique, international foods and flavors. Which is why our Fairway Sun-Dried Tomato and Mustard Marinated Crunchy Tofu with Fairway Sesame Noodles and Spring Joy Dressing makes an amazing meal bursting with bright, fresh tastes. Fairway makes this meal easy with already-prepared foods and the best ingredients, from our sun-dried tomatoes and our Dijon Mustard-marinated crunchy tofu, sesame noodles and our special sauces. Vegetarian and delicious, try this for lunch year-round!
Fairway Sun-Dried Tomato & Mustard Marinated Crunchy Tofu with Fairway Sesame Noodles & Spring Joy Dressing
Prep Time: 1 hour; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Serves: 4
1 package Fairway Extra Firm Tofu
For the Marinade:
- ¼ cup fresh basil (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsps Fairway White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fairway Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Fairway Honey Mustard
- 1 tbsp Fairway Red-Pepper Paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Crust:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tbsps Fairway Olive Oil
- Fairway Sesame Noodles
- Fairway Spring Joy Dressing
- Cut tofu crosswise into 4 slices. Place tofu slices on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 30 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- For the marinade, combine basil and next 8 ingredients (through salt) in a large zip-lock plastic bag. Add tofu to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Place egg substitute in another shallow dish. Place panko in another shallow dish.
- Remove tofu from marinade, reserving remaining marinade. Working with one tofu piece at a time, dredge tofu in flour, shaking off excess. Dip tofu in egg substitute, allowing excess to drip off. Coat tofu completely with panko, pressing lightly to adhere. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining tofu, flour, egg substitute, and panko.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add tofu to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove tofu from pan, and keep warm.
- Place Fairway Sesame Noodles in a bowl and one tofu on top; drizzle with Fairway Spring Joy Dressing.
Recipe by Olivia Wheat of LifesLittleLookBook, Photography by Nora Bass