Here’s an idea for a seasonal salad packed with flavor: Pear, Endive, Goat Cheese & Toasted Pecan Salad with Fairway Champagne Vinaigrette. Crisp and slightly bitter endive and raddichio lettuces mix perfectly with succulent pears, smooth goat cheese and toasted, sweetened pecans coated in Fairway Maple Syrup, all tossed in a light champagne vinaigrette with Fairway Dijon or Whole Grain Mustard, Apple Cider Vinegar and Champagne Vinegar. This meal works great for lunch or an appetizer for your main meal. Enjoy eating healthy and delicious meals with Fairway.
Pear, Endive, Goat Cheese and Toasted Maple Pecan Salad with Fairway Champagne Vinaigrette
(Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 5-10 minutes; Serves: 4-6)
- ¾ cup Fairway Pecans
- Fairway Maple Syrup
- 2 pears
- 1 raddichio head
- 2 endive bulbs
- Fairway Champagne Vinegar
- Fairway Cider Vinegar
- Fairway Olive Oil
- Fairway Dijon or Whole Grain Mustard
- ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Goat cheese, to taste (approx. ¼ cup)
- Optional: ½ tsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Put the pecans on a small rimmed baking sheet, toss to coat with a few swigs of Fairway Maple Syrup; toast until fragrant and pale golden on the cut sides, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Over medium heat in a medium-sized sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp of Fairway Olive Oil or Fairway Grape Seed Oil. Add in the sliced pears and heat until warm, about 3 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegars, mustard, juice of ½ a lemon, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until well combined. If too acidic, add in ½ tsp of granulated sugar.
- Combine the radicchio, endive, and pears in a large salad bowl and toss with just enough vinaigrette to coat. Add the pecans and goat cheese; toss and serve.