Fairway pastas help you make a healthy, hearty meal fast. Our dried pastas are the real deal; artisanal pastas from Puglia, the boot heel of Italy. Pasta is the heart and soul of the Italian kitchen. Pugliese cuts are the quintessential, timeless pasta shapes, and we’ve got them covered: Riccioli swirls; scallop-edged twists of Whole Wheat Gigli; rolled twists of Whole Wheat Strozzapreti; Orecchiete (Italian for “little ears”); Maccheroni tubes; small Girelle curls, and bright green leaves of Foglie D’Ulivo.
What goes great with Fairway pastas? Fairway Market pasta sauces, of course! With flavors like Puttanesca, Marinara, Roasted Garlic, Tomato Basil, Bolognese, and Mushroom Marinara, expect your pastas to be bursting with flavor. Combine with Fairway prepared vegetable mixes and top with a little Parmigiano-Reggiano from our remarkable Cheese Department, and quick family meals are made fast.
Try this Fairway Gigli Pasta recipe with fresh zucchini, garlic and diced tomatoes with Fairway Tomato-Basil pasta sauce.
Fairway Gigli & Zucchini Pasta
By LifesLittleLookBook for Fairway
(Prep Time: 2 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Serves: 6-8)
- 1 package of Fairway Whole Wheat Gigli Pasta
- 1 jar of Fairway Pasta Sauce (tomato-basil flavor or other depending on your preference)
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fairway Olive Oil
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil. Add in pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, over medium-high heat, coat a large sauté pan with Fairway Olive Oil; add in the garlic and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until beginning to brown. Add in the sliced zucchini; cook until sides are brown, about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Toss drained pasta with enough pasta sauce to coat. Add in the sliced zucchini and diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with shredded parmesan cheese.