As we usher in cooler nights, few dishes satisfy like a bowl of soup. For a hearty option (without the meat), look no further than the mushroom, green bean, and Fairway pappardelle soup. An absolute Fairway favorite, this heart-warming soup combines earthy flavors with green beans and cremini mushrooms, matched with cool mascarpone that adds a luscious creaminess and cheesy tang. Top off with Fairway’s pappardelle pasta (the real-deal, heart and soul of the Italian kitchen kind), and get ready for everyone to ask for seconds.
Mushroom, Green Bean & Fairway Pappardelle Soup with Gremolata
By LifesLittleLookBook for Fairway
(Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Serves: 4-6)
For the Soup:
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced ¼-inch thick (2 cups)
- 1 large onion, diced (1-½ cups)
- ¾ tsp dried Italian seasoning or dried herbs
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (1 15-oz box)
- ¾ package of Fairway Pappardelle Pasta
- 1-½ cups green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup mascarpone cheese
For the Gremolata:
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tsps grated lemon zest
- Heat oil in pot over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion, and sauté for about 5 minutes. Stir in the Italian seasoning and the broth. Cover, and bring to a boil. Carefully add the pappardelle pasta; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green beans, and simmer for another 3 minutes. Simmer until the pasta is al dente. Turn off the heat, set aside ½ cup of broth and cover the soup.
- Meanwhile, make your gremolata: pulse parsley, garlic, and lemon zest in food processor until finely chopped.
- Place the mascarpone in a separate bowl and whisk reserved ½ cup of broth (the heat of the broth will melt the mascarpone, making it easier to whisk). Slowly stir the mascarpone mixture back into the soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish each with 2 tsps of gremolata. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary.