Here’s an idea for a healthy seafood pasta meal in a flash with Fairway’s finest ingredients. Take Fairway Egg Spaghetti and mix with Fairway EVOO and fresh lump crab meat. Combine with a fresh, locally-grown chopped red onion and a few tablespoons of Fairway Chili Sauce, and you have a spicy, satiating seafood lunch or dinner fast. Our ingredients are as simple as they should be, for a meal full of natural nutrients bursting with flavor.
Spicy Crab Spaghetti
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Serves: 6-8 people
- Fairway Egg Spaghetti
- ½ lb canned or cooked crab
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Fairway Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-½ tsps Fairway Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsps salted butter
- Optional: Preserved Lemons
- Place spaghetti into boiling water and cook according to package directions – usually about 8 minutes. Drain. (You should have enough time to do step 2 while cooking the pasta).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the red onions, stirring until softened. Drizzle in the chili sauce. Mix together for about a minute, add in the crab, reduce heat to low and cook for a minute while stirring frequently.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and garnish with parsley (and optional preserved lemons).