Need a hearty, healthy dinner for your family? Try Fairway BBQ Marinated Turkey Burgers with Tomatoes and Peppers! We use our smokey, sweet and a little spicy BBQ sauce with our own ground turkey and fresh yellow and orange peppers and tomatoes to create a healthy dinner your tastebuds are going to love. The best part? We skip the bread and serve the burgers in iceberg lettuce cups to keep the meal light (and gluten-free!). You can also use Fairway fresh baked bread or buns from our bakery as well, of course, for a more filling meal. Prepare for this to be a new weeknight family favorite.
Try more amazing recipes on Fairway’s NEW Recipe page!
Fairway BBQ Marinated Healthy Turkey Burgers with Tomatoes & Peppers
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Serves: 4 (1 patty per person)
- Fairway BBQ Sauce
- 1 lb Fairway Ground Turkey
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- Iceberg lettuce
- Salt and pepper
- In a shallow bowl, place turkey meat and about 2 tbsps (more if necessary); mix together with hands. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat grill on medium or grill pan over medium heat; spray with cooking oil. Place turkey patties and grill until browned with grill marks; about 3-4 minutes per side.
- After flipping the turkey burgers, add the peppers to the grill.
- Serve turkey burgers over iceberg lettuce with grilled peppers, tomatoes, and a side of Fairway BBQ Sauce; eat immediately. You may also top them with cheese and serve on bread.