Talk about a quick, delicious dinner concept! Take a puff pastry, cover with sautéed mushrooms and succulent Fairway Sun-Dried Tomatoes, top with goat cheese. For extra flavor, you can also add dalops of Fairway Sun-Dried Tomato Olive Tapenade.
Now that’s a cheesy, flakey tart, with warm, fresh mushrooms and the depth of flavor that only Fairway’s exclusive products can bring. All the ingredients for a fantastic meal. Did we mention it’s vegetarian?! Enjoy.
Mushroom, Fairway Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and Thyme Tart
Prep Time: 10 minutes (just defrosting the frozen puff pastry); Cook Time: 20 minutes; Serves: 4
- ½ box frozen puff pastry (1 9” sheet)
- 2 tbsps butter or a glug of Fairway Greek Koroneiki Olive Oil
- Fresh mushrooms (1 package Fairway organic mushroom mix)
- 2-4 oz goat cheese
- 1 jar of Fairway Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove frozen pastry from freezer and thaw on counter for 10 minutes (or place in refrigerator 3 hours prior to using).
- Bake pastry for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- With 7 minutes left for pastry, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter and sauté mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, dice 3 sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the pan. Mix together for about a minute.
- Once pastry has settled and cooled, place mushrooms-tomato mix on top of pastry, add a dollop of goat cheese and sprinkle with thyme. Bake again for 8-10 minutes; let cool, and garnish with fresh thyme. Season with salt and pepper.