Fresh shrimp from Fairway’s amazing seafood department combined with sweet and tangy Fairway Mango Salsa are the start of a delicious, healthy meal. Combine with fresh, crunchy scallions, locally-grown parsley, mint or cilantro (or a mix!) and crumbled feta and warm, whole wheat pita, and you’ve got a satisfying lunch or dinner with all the flavors of summer.
Shrimp and Fairway Mango Salsa Pita Pocket with Mint & Feta
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts only
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, mint, cilantro or a mix
- Fairway Mango Salsa
- 3-4 pita pockets
- drizzle of Fairway Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the shrimp with a little olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over medium to medium-high heat until they’re no longer translucent in the center, about 2 minutes per side. Removed from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Arrange the pita pocket: mango, shrimp, chopped herbs, sliced scallions and crumbled feta cheese.