Summer calls for succulent pineapple. When it’s grilled, the tartness subdues, but the sweetness remains. Top with dollops of Fairway Hazelnut Spread and marscapone mixed with a bit of vanilla, sprinkle with shaved almonds. Delicious dessert accomplished.
Fairway Hazelnut Spread is made in Italy with high-quality cocoa, rich hazelnuts and sweet skim milk. Delizioso! Ciao, Nutella!
Grilled Pineapple with Fairway Hazelnut Spread & Vanilla Mascarpone
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 8 minutes; Serves: 3-4 people
- 1 Pineapple (such as the large, pre-cored Fairway pineapple)
- 2/3 cup Fairway Hazelnut Spread
- 2/3 cup mascarpone
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 handfuls shaved almonds, cashews or Fairway Trail Mix
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice your pineapple into thin disks; place on grill. Do not move pineapple, as you want clear grill marks; about 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, whisk together mascarpone and vanilla. Slowly add in the chocolate spread.
- Remove pineapples from grill and plate them. Drizzle the chocolate mixture in the center of each pineapple ring, dollop mascarpone cheese on pineapple edges and sprinkle almonds over entire plate. Best served warm!