Happy National Mac & Cheese Day! Try our recipe for Panko Chive Crisy Mac and Cheese with Fairway White Truffle Oil to celebrate right!
Panko Chive Crispy Mac & Cheese
By @LifesLittleLookBook for Fairway
Prep Time: 10 minutes (boil water, mince garlic, and cut chives); Cook Time: 20 minutes; Serves: 4
- 2 cups (uncooked) elbow macaroni
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 lb white American cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- Fairway White Truffle Oil – to drizzle over each plate
- Cook the elbow noodles in a deep oven-friendly saucepan according to the package directions. Return the drained pan to the heat, melt the butter, and add the cream and cheese – which can be cubed or shredded. Grind in some crushed black pepper. Whisk constantly, until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add the drained, cooked noodles to the sauce in pan, stir well.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the sauced noodles. Sprinkle in the snipped chives.
- Place pan in oven for 10 minutes. When the edges are bubbling its done.