What’s a quick way to bring friends and loved ones together? Delicious food, of course! We love this easy summer appetizer featuring tons of Fairway’s favorite foods. Our organic and locally grown beets and carrots are fresh and crisp beneath our bright and tangy Fairway Pesto and creamy herbed goat cheese from our incredible cheese department. Whip this up for an easy appetizer or for a party. Healthy and great for vegetarians, too!
Olive Oil-Baked Beet Chips with Carrot Purée and Fairway Pesto
By @LifesLittleLookBook for Fairway
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes; Serves: 2-4 people
For the Beets:
- 1 large beet, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Fairway Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
For the Carrot Puree and Pesto:
- 3 carrots
- ½-1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- Fairway Fresh Pesto
- 4 oz of Herbed Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with pam sprayed tinfoil.
- Thinly slice the beet. Add beets to baking sheet and cover evenly in oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake until crisp, 25-30 minutes, rotating and flipping halfway through. Cool chips and blot with paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Meanwhile, place carrots in a large saucepan. Fill with water to cover by 1 inch; add salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to a simmer. Cook until carrots are tender, 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a food processor. Add butter and sour cream; season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Line the beets on a plate. Alternating dollops between carrot puree and pesto. Top with goat cheese.