Fairway loves fresh, healthy meal ideas, particularly for the summer. This Peppers, Asparagus, Crab and Tomato (PACT) Salad makes a healthy, delicious and guilt-free lunch or dinner. Locally grown asparagus and bell peppers, homemade salad dressing with Fairway’s finest olive oil and balsamic and plump crabmeat from our renowned seafood department are a match made in Fairway salad heaven! Try it and let us know what you think!
PACT (Peppers, Asparagus, Crab, Tomato) Salad
By @LifesLittleLookBook for Fairway
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Serves: 2-3 people
- 2 tbsps Fairway Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Faiway Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 12 spears organic small asparagus, ends trimmed 2 inches
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 lb chopped or canned crabmeat
- 1 cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 2 finely sliced green onions
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp nonfat plain yogurt
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Turn on broiler. In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet with sides; spray with cooking spray; roll each spear until fully coated in oil.
- Broil asparagus until spears begin to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from sheet; set aside to cool. Chop into 1-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine shallots and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine crabmeat, cucumbers, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a third bowl, place bell peppers; drizzle with 1 tsp reserved vinaigrette; set aside.
- In a fourth bowl, combine yogurt, juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place tomato mixture on each of 4 plates. Top with a layer of the crab mixture; add a layer of peppers (save some for garnish), then asparagus. Top each salad with 1-1/2 tsps yogurt dressing. Sprinkle with peppers. Spoon remaining vinaigrette over salad.