It doesn’t get much better than juicy burgers in the summer, especially if you’re a meat lover. When combined with Fairway Red Pepper Pesto, caramelized onions and homemade paprika mayo—well, now you’ve got yourself a serious meal with extraordinary flavor. English muffin or lettuce cup buns keep these burgers on the lighter side. Don’t forget the cheddar and our locally grown onions and tomatoes, too! Try it and let us know what you think!
Fairway Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade Burgers with Caramelized Onions & Paprika Mayo
By @LifesLittleLookBook for Fairway
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 20-25 minutes; Serves: 3
For the beef burger:
- ½ sweet onion
- ½ tbsp Fairway extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb ground beef
- ¼ cup Fairway Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tomato
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 buns (English muffins or lettuce cups)
For the paprika mayo:
- 4 tbsps mayonnaise
- ½ lemon – all of its juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Dash of salt
- Thinly slice the sweet onion and place in skillet with 2 tbsps of oil. Cook on medium high for 20-25 minutes until it becomes brown and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine beef with tapenade and breadcrumbs. Mix together. Form into 3 patties. Place patties on outdoor or indoor grill on medium-high heat. Cook each side 3-4 minutes. When you flip the burgers, add the buns to the grill. When the burgers are 1-2 minutes from being done, add the cheese.
- Meanwhile combine mayo, lemon, salt, and smoked paprika; whisk together.
- Assemble burgers. Slather the mayo on the top and bottom buns, then place a burger on the bottom bun and top with caramelized onions, tomato, and lettuce.