Fairway is all about all natural food. Food that tastes so good, it doesn’t even need much preparation. That’s one reason we love this quick, easy recipe for lunch or as an appetizer with Asparagus, Prosciutto, Parmesan and Fairway Olive Oil.
We use our natural Greek Koroneki Olive Oil, from the warm region of Lakonia in southern Greece. Many of the olive trees there are hundreds of years old and bear fine, green Koroneiki olives, yielding a golden-green oil with a powerfully vegetal fragrance pierced with a hint of citrus.
Gently poured over crisp asparagus spears wrapped in Fairway’s Prosciutto di Parma or La Quercia Organic Prosciutto, and you have yourself an abundance of natural flavor. Top with thinly shaved Parmesan—now we’re talking delicious.
Try it and let us know what you think!
Crisp Asparagus, Parmesan & Prosciutto
Prep Time: 10 minute; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Serves 2-3
- 12 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1/3 tablespoon Fairway Greek Koroneki Olive Oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 package of prosciutto, 6 slices cut in half lengthwise
- parmesan, in wedge for thick slices
- Heat the oven to broil and arrange a rack about 5 to 6 inches below.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss until the spears are evenly coated with the oil.
- Starting just under the scaled tip of the asparagus, wrap each spear with 1 slice of halved prosciutto in a downward spiral toward the cut end, just barely overlapping the seams of the prosciutto. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining asparagus, leaving as much space as possible between each spear while still fitting all of them onto the baking sheet. (Make sure the spears don’t actually touch, or the asparagus and prosciutto will steam and won’t crisp.)
- Broil for 3 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven, and flip the asparagus over. Return the baking sheet to the oven and continue to broil until the asparagus is charred in spots and the prosciutto is crisped and browned, about 3 minutes more.
- Assemble asparagus, shaved parmesan and season with salt and pepper.