Nothing says summer like a burger! Our organic, locally grown, fresh tomatoes, crisp lettuce and bright cilantro take a basic burger to a whole new level. Top with chipotle peppers, amazing cheddar and an avocado cream sauce—you’ve got yourself a meal!
Chipotle Cheddar Turkey Burgers with Avocado Cream
By @LifesLittleLookBook for Fairway
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 5-10 minutes; Serves: 3 people
For the Burger:
- ½ lb of ground turkey breast (if buy pound, halve and save the rest)
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce, chopped (can freeze can for few weeks)
- 1 tablespoon of Cilantro chopped
- 3 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Buns (English Muffins or Lettuce Cups)
- 1 Large Tomatoes
- ½ Large Red Onion
- Lettuce (Boston or Iceberg)
For the Avocado Cream:
- ½ Avocado
- 1/8 cup of Sour cream
- ½ Lime for juice
- In a small bowl whisk together avocado, sour cream, and lime. Place in fridge.
- Add turkey to a large bowl and then combine shallots, garlic, 1-2 chipotle peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix together but just until combined, any more and the meat will become rough.
- On a grill or medium-high heated and sprayed grill pan, place the burgers and cook each sides for 4 minutes. When you have flipped the burger, spray or butter your buns and place inside down on pan.
- When the inside of burger is almost to your liking, place a slice of cheddar cheese atop the burger, and flip your buns.
- Take the bottom bun off the grill, slather the Avocado Cream and place a cheeseburger on top. Layer with your favorite toppings – red onion, tomato, lettuce and top with top bun (I personally like to have avocado cream on both buns because it’s that good!)