Looking for a quick, easy side for tonight’s dinner? Try our a TOFO Salad (Tomato, Orzo, Feta, Olives) with Fresh Peas. Perfect for summer. Delicious ingredients fresh from Fairway straight to your table. Enjoy!
TOFO Salad (Tomato, Orzo, Feta, Olives) with Fresh Peas
By @LifesLittleLookBook for Fairway
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes; Serves: 6-8 people
- 1 lb cooked orzo
- 1 large box of stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted, sliced or roughly chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (about half a bag)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 4 oz chopped feta or halloumi cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Cook orzo according to package directions, substituting water for stock – usually 4 cups for entire container.
- While water is boiling for orzo, mince garlic and chop onions. Put garlic and onions in skillet, cook until soft about 3-4 minutes. While cooking, halve the grape tomatoes and chop olives; add to skillet. Cook until the tomatoes begin to break up about 3-5 minutes. Add peas, cook for two minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and transfer pan to a bowl. Add 3 tbsp juice, 2 tsp zest, salt and pepper; whisk to combine. Add orzo, cheese, onion and mint.