The perfect weekend breakfast or brunch is here with Fairway! This recipe is sure to please you and your loved ones with Fairway’s fresh-daily baguettes, farm-fresh eggs and natural smoke bacon. Warm, crispy, crunchy and satiating. So easy, so good!
Try it this weekend and let us know what you think!
Fairway Baguette with Bacon Baked Eggs
By @LifesLittleLookBook for Fairway
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 40 minutes; Serves: 2-4 people
- 1 tbsp Fairway extra virgin olive oil, plus brushing pan
- 4 Fairway organic farm-fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk (can use any type)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- dash of tsp kosher salt, divided
- 4 oz Fairway whole-wheat baguette, preferably day-old, cut into 1 in cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced then cut in half
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced then cut in half (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh thyme, (or 1/2 if desired)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 slices Fairway natural smoke bacon
- fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
- Brush 9×9 pan with oil
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Parmesan, and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- Add bread, toss until coated; transfer to pan; let sit.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large nonstick skillet, cook strips of bacon until crisps. Remove and place on paper towel. In same pan (yes with bacon grease), sauté bell pepper, onion, thyme and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper until onion begins to brown, 10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper mixture to pan; spread evenly over bread mixture; dot with goat cheese.
- Bake until top is puffed and browned and center is firm, 25 min
- Let rest 5 minutes. Garnish with thyme.