Who doesn’t love baked potatoes? A potato itself is a delicious, filling, and nutritious wonder. Potatoes are chock full of fiber, vitamin B6, and vitamin C, and antioxidants. They’re way affordable. Bake a big batch, then lay out a spread of tasty toppings to bring the ‘taters to the next level. Each guest can customize their potato in style. No small potato!
Choose potatoes that are similar in size, so that they cook evenly. Russets are great for baking—their high starch content means they come out sturdy yet fluffy.
Bake your potatoes!
- Scrub them under water, and then dry thoroughly.
- Put them on a rimmed baking sheet. Generously drizzle Fairway extra-virgin olive oil, and toss/rub to evenly coat potatoes.
- Poke a few holes in each potato with a fork (this prevents potato explosions—always a good idea!).
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about an hour, or until soft.
You can even bake a big batch of potatoes ahead of time. Just warm ‘em up, and when your guests are ready to unleash their inner potato artists, cut potatoes legnthwise and squeeze the ends together to open them up. Pop! Your potatoes are ready for toppings galore. Since you’re a Fairway person, you know simple food is best, and quality ingredients make all the difference.
Pile on the toppings! Here’s some inspiration, but the sky’s the limit.
- Caramelized onions
- Roasted garlic
- Chopped chives or scallions
- Sautéed spinach or mushrooms
- Charred corn
- Greek yogurt
- Sheep’s milk ricotta
- French feta cheese
- Ben’s butter
- Maytag blue cheese
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, or Grana Padano
- Laura Chenel Chevre
- Thick-cut bacon
- Fairway chili
- Chopped chorizo
Seasonings & Herbs
- Pimentón—Spanish smoky paprika
- Fleur de Sel
- Fresh-ground Fairway tellicherry pepper
- Chopped fresh basil, cilantro, oregano, rosemary, or dill
- Fairway Super Premium Balsamic
- Fairway Saba
- Fairway Pesto
- Fairway Hot Chili Sauce
- Fairway Salsa
- Fairway Steak sauce
- Fairway guacamole
Don’t be a couch potato—get up, gather the goodies, and dream up a potato to remember.