It’s that time of year when we all set health goals for ourselves, and stress ourselves out with overzealous plans. The resolutions are great, but instead of overwhelming yourself with impractical expectations, take small steps every day to successfully meet your goals, and those steps can start with incorporating these 15 health foods into your day.
- Stellar Steel-Cut Oats: Add a touch of honey and a dash of cinnamon to your hearty oatmeal for a warming breakfast filled with fiber.
- Divine Dark Chocolate: Cocoa beans are full of flavanols, which are heart-healthy phytonutrients, so when you want a treat, grab a square of dark chocolate. The higher percentage of cocoa in the dark chocolate, the better.
- Healthy Honey: A fantastic natural sweetener that is antibacterial and contains health-supporting antioxidants and enzymes.
- Real-Good Raw Almonds: With healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, almonds are nature’s proof that healthy fats really can be delicious, travel-ready, and convenient.
- Love Your Lemons: Naturally flavor your water with fresh lemon juice. It’ll taste so good and refreshing, you’ll drink more water throughout the day.
- Awesome Avocados: Full of fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, this is a versatile food that works with everything from breakfast omelets to sandwiches.
- Better Block Cheese: With an endless variety to choose from, getting portions of cheese cut from block cheese is a cost effective and tasty way to get critical daily calcium and other nutrients your body needs.
- Out-of-Sight Olive Oil: So versatile, you can cook with olive oil, dress salads with it, and use it in sauces. A delicious extra-virgin olive oil stands on its own, and is perfect for drizzling on grilled vegetables.
- Great Greek Yogurt: This is a super breakfast or snack supplying the body with protein, calcium, and other nutrients along with a powerful digestive-supporting probiotic blast.
- Perfect Pomegranates: The pomegranate is an often overlooked superfruit that is a delicious source of fiber and contains antioxidant-rich seeds that are fun for both adults and kids to eat.
- Go Bananas: Portable, wonderful, potassium-rich, slowly digested, bananas are a great nutrient-packed food to fill you up.
- Top-Choice Tomatoes: These red wonders are rich in lycopene, which may help reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- Outstanding Quinoa: This ancient, gluten-free food is rich in essential amino acids and other nutrients.
- Exceptional Eggs: Versatile and protein-packed, eggs are an all-the-time, all-around favorite food that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Wonderful Whey & Egg Protein Powders: When trying to shed unwanted pounds, substitute whey or egg protein powders for high-calorie meals.
TELL US: What are your go-to health foods, and how do you like to have them, cook with them, or work them into your day?