If you’re a fan of fashion, fall signals that it’s time to break out the boots, but when you’re a fan of food, digging into apple pie is as necessary as raking leaves — a duty that’s accepted with gusto … that is, the eating part of the season. Even many cake lovers will succumb to the temptation of a buttery, flaky pie filled with ooey, gooey deliciousness.
The next best thing to piping-hot apple pie straight out of the oven is Fairway’s double-crust and double-stuffed Apple Pie made with fresh fruit and no preservatives. Just as special as homemade pie, the flavors in Fairway’s Apple Pie are a masterful combination of oven-softened apples blended with cinnamon and nutmeg, creating a comforting taste that’s as good as Grandma’s apple pie. And as a specialty grocer that started in The Big Apple, Fairway is firmly rooted in showcasing New York’s state fruit, which is also displayed with shiny, glazed greatness in our French Apple Pies.
Since October is National Apple Month, throw some facts around to friends and family to prove how much of an apple lover you are, courtesy of University of Illinois Extension:
- Two pounds of apples make one 9-inch pie.
- Apple trees take four to five years to produce their first fruit.
- Most apples are still picked by hand in the fall.
- The apple tree originated in an area between the Caspian and the Black Sea.
- Archeologists have found evidence that humans have been enjoying apples since at least 6,500 B.C.
TELL US: What do you love most about apple pie?